Recently, several large organisations have reluctantly grab the headlines due to Privacy data breaches.
However, small business owners need to be aware, these breaches are not only occurring at the top end of town.
Some interesting facts :
Since the introduction of the Mandatory Notifiable Data Breach Scheme in Australia in February 2018,
- The number of breaches reported is trending at over eight times greater than before
- Of those breaches, 23% impacted one individual, 48% involved less than 10 individuals, and 67% were less than 100.
In Australia during 2017,
- 43% of all cyber attacks were directed at small businesses
- Even more disturbing, 22% of those businesses have closed down.
Unfortunately, many small businesses face an uphill battle to spend sufficient time to build up and sustain privacy policies and practices to meet their obligations. With the introduction of the mandatory notification scheme, this has become a greater climb.
Privacy Proactive helps businesses manage and protect their Privacy risks by preparing them as best as possible.
We provide very cost-effective solutions to enable businesses to meet their obligations. Our approach allows management and staff more time to focus on core business activities.
Why your small business should consider Privacy Proactive
- These days, with greater visibility of privacy breaches, there is a far greater expectation from the community for businesses to protect personal information.
- GDPR’s impact on countries outside the EU will be more than simply needing to comply. The rising community expectations will demand governments to strengthen their privacy laws. Countries such as South Korea, Japan and Brazil are already considering going down this path. It is very likely more will follow, including Australia.
- Small businesses need to be proactive. It will minimise (never eliminate) the possibility of a breach and the impact on your business, your clients and employees, and potentially your lifestyle.
- With sustainable privacy policies and practices in place, it provides an opportunity for your business to get ahead of the game and gain a competitive edge.
- Your business will be judged not so much on whether you have a breach but how prepared you are for a breach.